Advance study in Mechanical Engineering Department
Rapid depletion of conventional energies and increasing scope in area of Industrial sector dealing with Heat & power generation along with process industries giving rise to new researches in fields of thermal engineering, Considering the fact Mechanical Engineering department of GRKIST started a new post graduate program in “Thermal System & Design” for UG level students. This course provides the necessary environment for advanced research in heat transfer analysis in various thermal system viz. power plants, internal combustion engines, process engineering, aerospace engineering , food preservation industries, agriculture engineering , non conventional and sustainable energy fields and many more thermal applications.
Salient Features of the department
Low-pressure wind, tunnel, Two-stage Compressor, Ice Plant, Models of steam turbines, Models of Boilers, Petrol Engines, Diesel Engines, Ref. & A/C Test Rigs etc.
Thermal Engineering Laboratories:
- Automobile Lab.
- Solar Energy Lab
- Ref and Air-Conditioning Lab.
- I.C. Engines Lab.
- Steam & Gas Turbine Lab.
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
* The M. Tech program is of four semester’s duration first, second and third semesters are entirely coursework oriented; the fourth semester involves THESIS work.
* In Addition to regular academic programs, the college organizes seminars, conferences, symposium and also extends expert consultancy to industries and institutions.
* Scheme & Syllabus – Refer website: www.rgpv.ac.in
In general, admission is given in the following categories:
- Admission to students who qualify through GATE.
- Admission to students who appear in College level Counseling.
- B.E. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Metallurgy, Automobile Engineering.